Saturday 16 August 2014

The Finality of Words

 
So what happens next, life’s going on all around and you’ve been told whart we all know, but choose to close the door on…’Time is not infinite & you have a sell by date’.You start to notice phrases & catch lines, ironies and humour, all laced with cold fear.
First was. “Danger of Death” posted on an electricity substation, well I suppose deaths quite a dangerous thing. Then ‘”Love your Life” on a Slimming poster, don’t we all just take that for granted, we really should LOVE the life.
Next an advert for a soft drink, “Live Well”, is this a ’well’ as in happiness, wealth or health?
And finally and very profoundly, in seeking moral / spiritual help from a professional friend I asked,
‘How can I prepare for death & make it easier for those I love and care for. The answer was sweet in its simplicity, happy in its honesty…
My Deacon friend concisely said.. ‘Prepare for Life, and that's what we all should do.

So I'm posting  daily,  simple things which make me happy on  #100HappyDays. Looking for the small, the special and the wonderful in my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment