Sunday 27 April 2014

Is it, was it, can it be...what next?

Waiting, silently, holding hands, daring not to breath to deep for fear of missing something. Major corner piece...according to the oncologist I am ' A mystery woman'; the cells they removed were definitely squamous cancer, but the full scan shows no other trace.

A sort of shock disbelief settled over us, its what you want to hear, but seems unreal and I was silently shouting well either I have or have not got cancer! They have discussed me, researched me and now question me. Am I sure I don't know of any lesions, how long had I been aware of this original problem, oh and can our plastic surgeon examine you?

Feeling bit like a circus curio I sat / lay while the gentle Sikh surgeon examined my head, scalp, neck and face. With overwhelming compassion he concluded, that I was indeed a mystery. The medical assumption was that the original operation must by chance have removed the only cancer cells existing.

Such detail, such intensity & such care I felt the centre of their world & the cancer the centre of mine. They have decided to excise further tissue from around the wound site & to refer me to ENT.

Good news day, but emotionally confusing, do I need to worry, fight, relax or just go on with my everyday life. My loving husband smiled so kindly, held my hand so tight it hurt and said " Well you've always been a mystery to me"

No comments:

Post a Comment