Monday 29 September 2014

From Rainbow fields to Guardian Angels



Its interesting peoples responses to cancer. Even the word itself is sometimes avoided or cloaked  in euphemism. But it’s more fascinating how individuals react to me personally.

I have been humbled by the words cards and gestures of support. People don’t realise just how supportive they are being, how much strength it gives and how much positivity it generates. It’s the people who look you in the eyes, see your predicament but still see you. Now that can happen one to one but even happen in an e mail or Facebook entry…. You know just in those few words just how much that person means its quite remarkable.
Then there’s the strange responses, like the link I was sent to a piece called ‘The Rainbow Bridge’, which, it turned out was about how animals can get into heaven. Similarly a visual post about guardian angels, in itself a good message, but the illustration was of fairy figures like those in a children’s story.

People try to be helpful and find solutions sending information about possible miracle substances or wonder cures. These vary from medical peer revised articles to newsprint and general press releases. They suggest a whole gambit of products and substances from orange juice to cannabis, people trying to be really helpful.

And then the messages of hope, phrases to inspire, statements of philosophy and affirmations of life. All wonderful expressions of care and hope….thank you all .But please save me from the cuddly kittens and cute pouches….I like animals, but fantasy v philosophy, that’s a step too far!

And as to my real guardian angels, well they are there. They turn up when I most need them (selfless and time giving), they answer my written thoughts (mails & calls), they realise my inner toil, but don't let me mope. The love shines through their eyes and words and  lights my day. My gran used to say, " look for angels in unusual places", indeed she was right, they are all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment