Thursday 25 June 2015

Rocky the fighter... never give up

Thoughts the day before my oncology visit:

Is this pretence?
Is this a game?
Of self deceit,or other name?

Remission true!
Metastasis too!
No more to say, to know what's new?

Don't ask the question,
Don't face the fear.
I'll close my mind, re tune my ear

I want to ask, what next & when?
Does life go on; and then and then?
Dead man walking, tension high,
Oh sod it all, look to the sky.

I may not know
I cannot tell,
How long, how far, do I stay well.

At least I know to live the day.
To not let slip my time away.
To love,to cry to laugh & more.
Of friends & family true and sure.

So walk away all distant fears.
Face all full on, no sadness tears.
The day is good, the life is great.
Believe in hope & trust in fate.

Brave face painted,
Smile in place.
Emotions secured, the world to face.

So Friday morning,
Come medics all!
Beware of Rocky.
Cos she's on call.

She'll stand before you,
Defiant true,
Believe in magic, she's born anew!

Is this pretence?
Is this a game?
It matters not, I'm still the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment