Friday 18 September 2015

To radiology, the art of gentle giants.

Arrived at radiology,
Bedraggled & bereft,
Post ops & chemotherapy,
And not much courage left.

And awfully claustrophobic,
You put me at my ease,
And answered all my questions,
And all my fears appease.

You listened to my ramblings,
With patience and respect.
And smiled at my uncertainty,
Were never cross or vexed.

So here's my little thank you,
For all you did for me.
It means a lot to each of us,
How caring you can be!

We're victims in a battle,
We're wounded in a line
With comradeship and humour
We wait who next, what time?

To you not faceless masses,
We're peoples husbands, wives.
To each you give attention.
You value all our lives.

I'll miss your gentle banter,
I'll miss your winning smile.
I may have to come back to you.
But hope not for a while.

So thank you from my heart,
For care and empathy.
The NHS triumphs again.
In Radiology!

No comments:

Post a Comment