Sunday 22 May 2016

Ode to my Grandmother and Mother...the plight of so many women. With love...

I feel it coming, I want you close,
To shield and nurture. Goodness knows.

You held me tightly and went within,
To hold a baby, that's not a sin.

You tried so hard, so cruel your fate.
Alone & lonesome. No friend , no mate.

The world conspired. Generations too.
You were not wanted, in that way true.

A Guardsman skilful, your pity took.
In lace & laughter, your world he shook. 

Then left you loveless, to fend & fear.
A child was taken. That price too dear!

T'was years later , you found your soul.
Who loved you truly and all was whole.

But babies change you. They scar and touch.
You could not give love. You'd lost so much!

And lonely child, you raised apart.
She had no friends, she stood apart.

And learned full circle, when her time came.
She couldn't cope. It was the same!


She wanted badly, she tried so hard.
But separation and bonds a shard.

Doomed maybe always, though love and care.
This damaged twosome, felt life's despair.

When love is lost and no one sees,
The pain & crying. "Just help me please".

And then you held this babe of mine.
Your heart was whole. You'd found your time.

Now he has grown and babe no more.
And lost alone, you help implore.

Stop just one minute. Be still don't cry.
I love you mother and I will try.

I cannot stop the tick of time.
To each allotted. No reason, rhyme.

But I can help you not to fear.
Be still and calm now. Comfort near.


No comments:

Post a Comment