Thursday 10 July 2014

Humbled and happy...the weeks of recovery




Its been a while, but I have kept writing, its been my sanity; scant but holding me firm. The operations was a success, well at least in terms of the surgeon, who next day proudly showed his work to the assembled medical gang who followed him around.

I was in a lot of pain & had been all night. Being unable to take any of the standard morphine or heroin based heavy painkillers because of a previously diagnosed opioid sensitivity, paracetamal just didn't fit the bill. What followed were days of sleep and wakefulness, not necessarily at the right times and Ron ever vigilant to my needs.

Pauline Machin's photo.Friends & family were great and the social media flooded with well wishes and greetings. My window sill was full of beautiful cards; pictures of flowers, sunlight and hope. Phone calls & texts, deliveries of gorgeous flowers, my parents visiting jointly...a first in forty divorced years. Just all quite amazing. It was very humbling how much care was shown, how people tried so hard to give me strength, engender hope and simply share human love.

My legs swelled, lymph oedema, a usual but distressing side effect, which medics and district nurses tried to aid. So the days turned into weeks and slowly, and with a lot of help I have been improving.
The great news is they found no further cancer in the lymph nodes they removed
Happy days... feelingloved.













No comments:

Post a Comment