Tuesday 29 July 2014

Key focus of the picture

Its all about perspective; the width of your vision, the depth of the view and how things relate one to another. The news was not good from the oncologist; not the worst but pretty grim.

PET & CAT scans and bloods show primary vaginal cancer has now spread to four sections of my lymphatic system. Prognosis incurable, life shortening, but treatable. manageable, treatable, containable... all words in the echo of that room. My husband in shocked silence and a small voice in me ,resigned and peaceful.

"We can start chemo", "Radiotherapy is not suitable", "we'll try a double drug chemo", "3 time 3 weeks", "hospitalised treatment" ~  all phrases that altered the perspective, changed the focus and limited the view.

Like a Spielberg movie, the scene changed, shots lost clarity, held intensity and shocked. Seems I am to star in my very own blockbuster...' Mortality'

No comments:

Post a Comment