Tuesday 4 February 2014

What is it about having a cup of tea....





A fairly difficult night as my hip area, which has never been a problem, is very sore & so woke me when turning in my sleep. Feeling sorry for my self & tired, my mumblings woke my husband. Ever patient he suggested we actually woke up had a break & then returned to sleep, break the cycle. The first act of kindness...

 
 We chatted about nothing much, laughed a little & finally fell back to sleep about an hour later. Problem was that the hour was approx. 7.30, when we should have been starting to stir, so when we woke the day started rather late, but with brunch in bed. The second act...


Then the postman called leaving a lovely card from my step daughter, says simply, 'I'm here for you' and the third, so special act of kindness. Finally my elderly father, nearly 89, visited to encourage & support; another cup of tea & another act of kindness.


And all this in one morning & a smile now on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment