Sunday 3 May 2015

Ode to 2013: A year on, poems from my operations days...

April 2013:  Muse while awaiting surgery

Here I am again, surgically pure.
ready for the medics.
To do their cutting cure.

Sheets and efficiency, questions oh galore.
Have I, will I, do  I.
More & more & more!

Nurses, doctors, medics.
Pressure, stats and calm.
Circle marks the cutting point.
Not too much alarm.

I wonder how many beds & wards & medics too,
It takes for me to ponder,
Life's meaning , oh so true?

May 2013: Post surgery planning the future...

It takes all these reminders.
Mortality and pain.
To concentrate the mind,
And make me think again.

So here's my plan this morning,
The way I want to go.
Leave hospitals behind me,
And true full heath to know.

I now sit here awaiting.
All done, alone, just me.
Good day, good year & plenty.
For us, for you, for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment