Saturday 16 May 2015

To a lost friend

It seems that life is cold, some people turn & say.
My daughter friend had cancer and theirs didn't go away

They tell you every detail and don't forget the pain,
Degrees of endless suffering; again, again, again!

The rarity of the cancer, the treatment they endured.
"Oh yes its worse than yours was" and they just can't be cured.

I'm only in remission, the dice can roll again.
Just trying to survive and living with the pain.

So before you are so heartless & tell me oh so clear,
That detailed medical history, the carnage based on fear.

Remember I'm still suffering, fighting daily all I may.
Until you've lived the nightmare, don't comment on my day.

I know words are based on fear, in callous, selfish hurt.
You don't know what you're doing, when shovelling this dirt!

To say I will forgive you, an action I must take.
But please just do remember, its loneliness you make.

I've heard all the explanations. Whose worse, whose sick, whose dead.
Reserve your lamentations, just keep them in your head.

I'm hurt I'm sad, I'm bleeding.
Right here within my heart.
You used to be my friend.
You've torn that right apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment